know before you go
Surgery Reminder List
- No food or drink during the eight hours before your procedure.
- Bring a current list of your medications.
- Bring a list of your allergies.
- Bring something to occupy your time while you wait.
- Bring or arrange to have somebody to drive you home after your procedure.
During a surgical procedure, people in the operating room may include the surgeon, physician assistant, anesthetist or CRNA, one or two surgery nurses, a recovery nurse, a radiology tech and one or two scrub technicians.